Flower Pot Pincushion
I thought I’d try to make one of the little pincushions in a flower pot that I’ve seen lately. It requires no sewing! Ha, but you probably won’t want to make one of these unless you like to sew. I added a little felt flower (like the hair clips I wrote about in my last post) and a button. And I used this Liberty of London fabric again. There’s still some left, so you’re sure to see it more!
- small flower pot
- fabric scrap
- polyfill stuffing
- hot glue gun
- rubber band
- Cut fabric about three times the width of the top of your pot. My pot was 4″, so I cut a 12″ square.
- Place some polyfill in the center and wrap loosely with a rubber band.
- Continue stuffing with polyfill (as much as you possibly can, and then some).
- Wrap rubber band around a few more times to tighten it.
- Adjust fabric evenly and try it out in the pot.
- Glue all around the inside of the pot, about an inch from the top. Quickly stuff in your fabric.