Our friend Sarah gave me a couple of spools of this black grosgrain ribbon, presenting me with a challenge. So here is this quick and easy Halloween wreath. Since it takes a lot of ribbon, try buying in bulk online rather than at the craft stores. I really like this site for ribbons and trims.
- 12″ foam wreath form
- 24 yards 1 1/4″ black grosgrain ribbon (or less if using a wider ribbon)
- Measuring tape
- Cut 45-50 16″ pieces of ribbon.
- Tie one strand of ribbon in a knot around the wreath. I used a “messy knot” — right over left, then right over left again, pulling in the opposite direction. It doesn’t really matter how you do it as long as you are consistent all the way around. Repeat with the knots, pushing them close together, until you fill the wreath.
- Cut one long piece of ribbon (48″) and tie one end to form a knot. Leave a long loop for hanging and tie another knot onto the wreath.
- Trim any frayed or long ends.
Done! If you make one of these, I’d love to see a photo in the Make it Monday Flickr pool here. There are lots of great new photos over there, so take a look.